Updated: Effective as of July 1, 2023
Welcome to the website of Actionmail Limited (trading as ActionHQ), (including any of its subsidiaries or corporate affiliates, collectively, "ActionHQ," "we" or "us"). At ActionHQ, our goal is to protect the privacy and security of your personal information.
PLEASE NOTE: IF ANY PROVISIONS OF THIS POLICY ARE INCONSISTENT WITH, OR CONFLICT WITH, THE PROVISIONS UNDER THE CAPTION “INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018, AS AMENDED BY THE CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT” BELOW, THE PROVISIONS UNDER SUCH CAPTION SHALL GOVERN. ANY TERMS USED UNDER SUCH CAPTION, HAVE THE SAME MEANING AS DEFINED IN CAL. CIV. CODE SECTION 1798.140.
Information we collect from or about you may vary depending on how you use the Website, your engagement with our Business, and information you may choose to provide to us and to other sources.
Information You Provide to Us:
ACTIONHQ collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. This includes, but is not limited to, individually identifiable information, such as your full name, a user name and password, email address, phone number, physical address, credit card information and other billing information.
Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
- Registration and Ordering: Before using certain parts of this Website or ordering products or services, you must complete a registration form and/or create an account. This will require you to provide certain personal and billing information.
If you create an account using your login from a third-party service, like Facebook or Twitter, we will access and collect the information that your privacy settings on that third-party service permits us to access so that we can create your account for you.
- Business sale transactions: When you make a purchase from our business, we will collect your billing information you provide to us for the transaction, as well as your purchase information. We may also ask you to provide certain personal information if you are interested in receiving information about upcoming sales, events and other promotions.
- Marketing Emails: We may send marketing and or promotional emails to the email address you provide to us. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving these marketing messages by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link contained in any promotional email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (and put "Unsubscribe" or "Opt Out" in the subject line). (Please note that despite unsubscribing from such marketing communications, we may still contact you in relation to your order(s) or any issues relating to any business you conduct with us.)
- Live Support: If you choose to contact us via Live Chat on the Website, we collect your name and e-mail address and any other information you choose to provide to us to help better serve you. Please note that we store all chat information and transcripts for a period of time, as determined by ActionHQ. These transcripts are only accessed by ActionHQ for training and customer service purposes.
- Written Reviews: ActionHQ will require a valid registered e-mail address and a review name when it comes to completing the review form on the Website in relation to testimonials or feedback. Following the moderation process, your review, alongside your review name and date, may be posted on the Website.
You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of our Website and we may not be able to provide you with certain products and/or services.
Information We Automatically Collect:
Information Collected From Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as social networks, data aggregators and cooperatives and public databases. This information may include name, demographic information, interests, and publicly observed data, such as from social media and shopping behaviour. We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us, information we receive from third parties, information we automatically collect (as explained above) and information provided or collected offline including when you trade with our Business.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To personalize and improve our services, the Website and the Business, and allow you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize your experience in using our services;
- To provide you with a streamlined checkout experience;
- To process and fulfil your order(s)/purchase(s), contact you concerning the status of an order/purchase, answer questions, respond to your inquiries or requests, or otherwise contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To provide you with targeted offers and advertising, including on the Website, via direct mail, e-mail, text message, or push notifications, and to contact you about upcoming ActionHQ sales, promotions, offers and product information. You may receive these offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party websites and media properties, including in social media.
- To help us learn more about our visitors and customers, and to improve their shopping experience and our business;
- To develop new products and services;
- To research and address any problems with our Website, business, and our products and services;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website, and our business; and
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection.
We do not share, sell, lease or rent information about our customers to unaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- We may share aggregate, anonymous or summary information regarding our customers and their behaviours with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data is not personal information and so will not identify you personally.
- The information that you provide to us, including information that we automatically collect about you (as explained above) and information we receive from third parties may be used to make ActionHQ’ marketing efforts more efficient. The information that you provide to us, including information that we automatically collect about you (as explained above), may also be shared with trusted third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you prefer that we do not share your information with these third parties, please email us at email@example.com with “Opt Out” in the subject line along with your full name, address and email address in the body of the email.
- We also may share your email address with a third-party, such as a media agency, to send email and other communications, including interest-based advertising to you on our behalf. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about you, including based on your email address, with our advertising and marketing partners, and third-party media properties, including social media sites, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf. If you wish to stop receiving promotional communications from these third parties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt Out” in the subject line along with your full name, address and email address in the body of the email. In addition, you may be able to opt out of these ads by clicking on an icon in the ad or through the privacy settings in each media property.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us, such as a printer, mailing house, fulfilment company, credit card processor, email service provider or web host, amongst others. These parties may need personal information about you in order to perform their functions. However, these parties may not use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose other than in connection with performing supporting functions for us.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of any sweepstakes and contests.
- We may use your written and/or video reviews on our Website, in Business and/or within ActionHQ for product improvement, product development, customer experience improvement, and possible communication/PR purposes.
Protecting Your Information
Trading with ActionHQ is easy and we strive to ensure that your information is safe and secure. As a result, ActionHQ has implemented certain physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures. When using the Website, you should ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account information by limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
When using the Website, you should ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account information by limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Information About California Privacy Rights and The California Consumer Privacy Act Of 2018, As Amended By The California Privacy Rights Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, and the regulations promulgated thereunder (collectively, “CCPA”), provide California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information that is collected by businesses, including the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it has collected about them and what personal information has been sold or shared or disclosed for a business purpose; the right to request the deletion of personal information collected from them; the right to request the correction of their personal information; the right to be presented with notice—at or before the point at which personal information is collected—of the categories of personal information that will be collected and the purposes for which that information will be used; and the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information or the sharing of that information for cross-context behavioural advertising. ActionHQ has decided to allow all its customers, regardless of where they reside, to make the same requests. At its sole discretion, ActionHQ reserves the right to discontinue its current policy of allowing non-California residents to make requests under this section. This Section provides information about the CCPA and about the types of personal information ActionHQ collects and discloses to other entities. It also explains how you may make requests to ActionHQ regarding your personal information. Any terms used in this section have the same meaning as defined in the CCPA (California Civil Code Section 1798.140).
You may request that ActionHQ disclose to you the following information:
- The categories of personal information ActionHQ has collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information;
- The categories of third parties to which ActionHQ discloses personal information.
- The categories of personal information about you that ActionHQ sold or shared and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold or shared, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to which the personal information was sold or shared;
- The categories of personal information about you that ActionHQ disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons or entities to which the personal information was disclosed;
- The specific pieces of personal information ActionHQ has collected about you.
You may request this information by calling +64 (9) 415 4508 or submitting a request here. Such a request may be referred as a right to know request. Before disclosing this information, ActionHQ will verify your identity, by matching, whenever possible, your purchase order or account information, email address, phone number and first and last name, to the personal information maintained by ActionHQ. In doing so, ActionHQ will consider various factors as outlined in the CCPA regulations.
You may request that ActionHQ delete any personal information about you that it has collected from you, and that ActionHQ direct any service provider, contractor or third party to delete such personal information from its records. Such a request may be referred to as a request to delete. However, pursuant to the CCPA, your information may not be deleted in certain circumstances, including where maintenance of your personal information is necessary to: complete the transaction for which the information was collected, or fulfil the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, to provide a good or service that you requested or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of your ongoing business relationship with ActionHQ, or to otherwise perform a contract between ActionHQ and you; to detect security incidents, protect against or prosecute fraudulent or illegal activity; to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with ActionHQ; to comply with a legal obligation; or to otherwise use your information internally in a lawful manner that is reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with ActionHQ and compatible with the context in which you provided the information. For more information about these and other situations in which we may not delete your information, please see California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d).
You may request that ActionHQ correct any of your personal information. Such a request may be referred to as a request to correct. In determining the accuracy of your personal information, we will consider the various factors outlined in the CCPA regulations. We may deny a request to correct if we determine that it is more likely than not that the information is accurate based on the totality of the circumstances. We will inform you whether we have complied with a request to correct. If we deny the request to correct, we will explain the basis for the denial in accordance with the requirements of the CCPA regulations.
You may request deletion or correction of your personal information by calling +64 (9) 415 4508 or submitting a request here. Before deleting or correcting your personal information, ActionHQ will verify your identity, by matching, whenever possible, the personal information you submit, such as purchase order or account information, to the personal information maintained by ActionHQ. In doing so, ActionHQ will consider various factors as outlined in the CCPA regulations. In verifying a request to correct, ActionHQ will make an effort to verify based on information that is not the subject of the request to correct.
A customer may use an authorized agent to submit a right to know request, a request to delete, or a request to correct. To use an agent, the customer must provide the agent with a signed authorization. In addition, the customer may be required to verify their own identity with ActionHQ. ActionHQ may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the customer to act on their behalf. Such requirements, however, will not apply where a customer has provided the agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4000 to 4465.
You may direct ActionHQ not to sell your personal information or share it with third parties for cross-context behavioural advertising. This direction is referred to as ”opting out” of the sale or sharing of your information. You may opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information. You may opt-out of the sale of your personal information by emailing email@example.com, or by calling +64 (9) 415 4508. Please visit that site to submit an opt-out request. If ActionHQ has a good faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to opt-out is fraudulent, it may deny the request. A customer may use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on the customer’s behalf. The customer must provide the agent with a signed authorization to do so. ActionHQ may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the customer to act on the customer’s behalf.
ActionHQ does not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under the age of 16 and will not do so without affirmative authorization (known as “opt-in”). Additionally, ActionHQ does not intentionally collect personally identifiable information of children under 13 and will remove personal information about such children if we become aware that we have it.
ActionHQ will not discriminate against a person who exercises their rights under this section, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to the person;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the person;
- Suggesting that the person will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Retaliating against an employee, applicant, or independent contractor for exercising rights under the CCPA.
ActionHQ retains email addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses for 7 years from the last purchase or other interaction with ActionHQ by a customer because it believes that such retention period allows it to provide the optimal trading experience for its repeat customers. All other personal information that is collected by ActionHQ is retained for five years from the last purchase or other interaction with ACTIONHQ by a customer because such personal information is less important to the trading experience.
Information About The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (the "VCDPA")
The VCDPA provides Virginia residents with certain rights regarding their personal information that is collected by businesses, including the right to confirmation that a business is processing their data, and certain other rights that are also provided by the CCPA which are outlined above. ActionHQ has decided to allow all its customers, regardless of where they reside, to make the same requests and access the same processes as Virginia residents under the VCDPA and California residents under the CCPA. Virginia residents and others can submit these requests by calling +64 (9) 415 4508 or clicking on the relevant links provided in paragraphs 3, 6, and 8 off the section titled, "Information About California Privacy Rights and The California Consumer Privacy Act Of 2018, As Amended By The California Privacy Rights Act." Among those processes is an appeals process for the rejection of consumer requests or failure to act on a consumer request. See "Customer Appeals Process" below for a description of such process. At its sole discretion, ActionHQ reserves the right to discontinue its current policy of allowing non-Virginia residents to make the same requests and access the same processes as Virginia residents.
Customer Appeals Process
If ActionHQ refuses to take action on a customer’s request within a reasonable time after ActionHQ’ receipt of such request, the customer may appeal such refusal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 60 days of its receipt of such appeal, ActionHQ will inform the customer in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reason for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, the customer may contact the Attorney General of the State of Virginia at 888-552-9963 or oag.state.va.us to submit a complaint.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen you should not register, order, purchase or provide information to or from ActionHQ. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of thirteen has submitted Personal Information to us, please email us at email@example.com, and we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
Correction To Your Personal Information Or Disabling Your Account
You can (a) access, correct, or update your Personal Information, and/or (b) disable your online account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to ActionHQ Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly label the subject line "Corrections / Disabling Account," and do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information. In specific circumstances, proof of identity and payment may be required.
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving marketing or promotional emails from us, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link contained in any promotional email or contact us at email@example.com (and put "Unsubscribe" or "Opt Out" in the subject line).
Links To Other Websites
We may link to or offer some of our services in connection with third party websites or applications, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for the practices of such websites or applications, and we encourage you to read and fully understand their privacy policies.
Questions And Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at here.
Terms And Conditions
Let's make this officical
Sign up to stay in the conversation about everything, ActionHQ, Purpose, human insights, leadership, lifestyle and creative expression.